Monday, October 28, 2013

Avedon



This portrait is a little different from Avedon style because of the lighting on the face and the background, however I feel that it captures the intensity of the eyes that adds a sharpness to the photograph with the help of the lighting.
The subject of the photo is of to the side and has a softer feel than the first photo. I like the eyes of the subject how they where caught in the moment in response to what was happening. I told a story to get a more candid photo.
I found that getting the model to keep moving and not just stay in one position helped me to get a photo that is more in the moment and natural as opposed to posing and thinking of when the photographer would take the picture. 

This photo shows lots of emotion that you are able grasp. I think the eyes and the  body language helps one to interpret the feeling of the photo. I gave the model direction and I took my time to place the subject in the desired area to accomplish what I wanted in the end. 

This is a captured movement and I like how the model isn't straight up but leaning to one foot. The lighting on the shirt starts dark and lightens as it reaches the face, which draws attention to the face. I like the contrast in the background with the patterned shirt that the subject is wearing and I feel that it also contrasts with his face. It helps to bing attention to the strong gaze of the subject.








No comments:

Post a Comment